BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES
Ok, so this has nothing to do with essential oils, but it’s ok to divert from time to time, right? Let’s talk about healthy alternative options to buffalo chicken bites. You hate cauliflower? No problem! I promise, the buffalo sauce will over power any cauliflower taste and the texture disappears when cooked.
Let me give you a small back story. December 2016 I decided to give up meat. Which means, I have had to get a little creative with my meals because eating a salad for every meal gets old. I will be honest, I really disliked cauliflower before this recipe. But this recipe has given me hope. Buffalo chicken used to be one of my favorites before I became a vegetarian so I had to give it a try. I made this for my whole family on the 4th of July – about 10 people – and everyone loved it and raved over it. It tastes great by itself or dipped in a dressing.
1 medium cauliflower
1 cup flour
1 cup water
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/3 cup Buffalo hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces
3. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
4. In a large bowl whisk flour, water, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Add cauliflower and toss to coat. (I like to place in a bag to shake)
6. Spread evenly onto cookie sheet and place in oven.
7. Bake for 7 minutes and flip. Bake for another 8 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven.
9. In a separate bowl stir together melted butter and buffalo sauce.
10. Coat the cauliflower.
11. Spread evenly onto the cookie sheet.
12. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes and flip. Bake for another 15 minutes
13. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes